Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

The random Epic

Today, I wanted to write about that lucky kill, when you're leveling up, say mid 40's, maybe mid 50's... you're doing your basic "kill a bizillion mobs" quest, and suddendly, you right click your dead target and for a split second, the autoloot feature lets you see something odd..., one of the items you looted didn't seem quite right.
That's when you go and look on the chat window, and realize there is a purple name on the list of items  you looted! What!? Purple!? That can't be!
Open your bags and there it is..., a (sometimes) really cool looking Epic for you low level toon, how cool is that?

The problem with this scenario? It happens really rarely and not to everyone, so you are better off specting your first epic once you get to 80, on ToC 5man or something like that. Nevertheless, it can happen, and in fact it has happened to me on the past (several times actually).

Ofcourse, finding an epic while leveling is such a beatifull surprise, that one tends to remember each and everyone one of them, for me, here is the list:
  1.  [Boots of Avoidance] : That was my very first epic, on my paladin. I was leveling and found the item was  an upgrade, so I equipped them right away..., I still have them, on my bank.. I can't trough those away, so many fun memories :)
  2. [Taran Icebreaker]: Second low level epic, came in a bit later on the same pally, I was so trhilled I almost equiped it, but luckly I realized it wasn't really an upgrade, so I decided to AH it. Went for 300g.
  3. [Bloodrazor]: This was the last one, droped for me a couple of days ago, high up on Felwood while killing infected bears. I was on my hunter, and for a couple of seconds was really pissed that I could't equip it (not really a hunter's weapon), because it looked so cool. After a bit of research, found out it's a great weapon for rogue twinks, so I decided against stashing it and headed to the AH. Went for 580g, best sell ever for me :)
I think I'm pretty lucky to have seen this world random epic drops actually... drop for me, and even more lucky to have found someone out there rich enough to buy 2 of them.

Good luck finding yours!

Catcha around!

0 comments:

Post a Comment