Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

So, what's up with Gamon?

You know him right? Gamon?

You've probably heard him yelling like a mad man when Wrath kicked in, and all those new Death Knights were entering Orgrimar? He likes a good yell that Gamon :) That's why I always kille him whenever I can >.<

So, what's the deal with him? 

Well, for starters, for those of you who actually don't know who the heck I'm talking about, there is a NPC called Gamon inside the Inn at Orgrimar. If you can't find him, that's probably because someone has already killed him, just wait a bit, he has a 5min respawn timer... he'll be back.

Why can we hordies kill a fellow hordie?
Yes, that's right, we can kill Gamon..., he's just a lvl12 npc, so he won't probably put much of a fight, unless ofcourse, you're a lvl1 or something.
Anyways, the thing with Gamon is that he's part of a rogue quest in which you have to pick-pocket him in order to obtain a specific key, and according to game mechanics, if a mob is to be pick-pocketed then he has to be killable.

Gamon has other uses too, asides from being a punching bag for high levels (counting myself, yes :) ), he's is the only NPC who actually comfronts newly arrived Death Knights in Orgrimar. On that final quest, when you have to go and speak to Thrall, if you happen to pass close enough to the Inn, he'll come out running and attack you..., obviously, he can't really hurt a DK, but he has a special ability called Pride Breaker, it can knock back players, and dismount them if they're mounted, but that's it.

According to my sources, Gamon can be mind controlled by priests, which turn out to be really funny if used right.

In the end, next time you're strolling around Org and happen to see him inside the Inn, think twice before killing him, you might be messing with the quest objective of a poor lowie rouge.

Aaaand, that's about it for today, I wanted to talk about something different, so I chose dear old Gamon there, who keeps me smiling every time I see him and kill him ^^


Cya later!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had such a punchbag in stormwind!

    I enjoy your blog a lot - please keep writing (you don't know me I just came across it recently.)

    so you see - there are people Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Bleep! It means a lot to me to hear from those reading my blog. I really appreciate it :)

    As for our punchbag.. I know, for what I've read, the closest thing on the Alliance side would be Hogger, but you have to get out there and look for him, not like good old Gamon.

    Anyways, thanks again for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete